Screen Education Edinburgh is calling on bands, DJs and individual artists aged 12-19 and resident in Edinburgh to submit their original songs to a competition that will see two music videos made for the winners.
As part of the CashBack for Creativity scheme, the winning music videos will be made by young people of the same age who have engaged in the recent Xpress Yourself workshops and gone onto the full 12 week filmmaking course.
The public shall decide who wins by voting for the songs through the SEE Facebook Page Wall.
All styles of music will be accepted.
Submissions are accepted by posting a link to your song on the Screen Education Edinburgh Facebook Site
Submissions are open now and close at 12pm on Monday 22nd October 2012.
Voting will take place from Monday 22nd October for one week to Monday 29th October 2012.
Screen Education Edinburgh began as Pilton Video in 1982 and has been a City-Wide Moving Image Project core funded through the Arts and Learning Unit, City of Edinburgh Council ever since. Screen Education Edinburgh works with young film-makers in schools, youth groups and in the community. It’s about having fun, learning new skills, building confidence, dealing with difficulties and encouraging creative self-expression in moving image.
As part of the CashBack for Creativity Scheme, Xpress Yourself, Screen Education Edinburgh have partnered with Heart of Midlothian and Hibernian Football Clubs to deliver film making workshops for young people aged 12-19 in the City of Edinburgh.
Cashback for Creativity (formally Creative Identities) is Creative Scotland’s programme that provides young people across Scotland with access to high quality dance, film and music activities, funded by the Scottish Government’s CashBack for Communities programme which reinvests the proceeds of crime back into communities to benefit Scotland’s young people.
Rules and regulations:
- Entering the competition confirms your acceptance of the rules and regulations.
- The competition is open to young people aged 12-19 and resident in the City of Edinburgh.
- No cover versions, only original songs will be accepted and by submitting your song you are confirming that you created it and have the rights to submit it.
- By entering the competition you give permission to use of your name and licenses for publicity and promotions without any additional compensation. If you are under 17 then your parent or guardian will have to sign a form agreeing to this. If they do not then your song will not be eligible for the competition.
- The winners will be chosen by a voting process on the Screen Education Edinburgh Facebook page. The decision of this competition will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- No cash alternatives to any of the prizes or additional payments shall be made.
- Screen Education Edinburgh reserves the right to appoint any director, producer or filmmaker to the winning song and will decide the creative direction of the video.
- You may enter more than one song but all songs must be individually submitted.
- The organizers reserve the right to amend these rules and regulations at any time by notice on www.screen-ed.org