Screen Education Edinburgh began as Pilton Video in 1982, working with community groups in the local area to make powerful programmes.
Since 1995, Pilton Video had been a City-Wide Moving Image Project core funded through the Arts and Learning Unit, City of Edinburgh Council.
At the turn of 2012, the organisation became Screen Education Edinburgh.
Edinburgh’s hub for digital film making, we provide access to equipment, training and production initiatives, specialising in:
- Moving image educational programmes with young people, with a particular focus on looked after and other vulnerable groups of children and young people.
- Providing access to programme production for “new voices” from the diverse communities in the City of Edinburgh and beyond.
- Facilities Hire for communities, independent and professional filmmakers. From production office space to equipment and post production facilities.
- Creating in partnership with a broad range of individuals, community groups, cultural and public sector organisations, as well as broadcasters’ high quality dramas and documentaries.
- Film schemes for young people, new talent and graduates in both documentary and drama.
- Screening and networking events.